Forward La Crosse To Gather Further Feedback from Community & Returning Students
University of Wisconsin–La Crosse, Western Technical College, and Viterbo University
Students and the general public are invited to participate in the various online modules:
1) Public Survey – This survey asks respondents a series of questions about their views and preferences on various aspects of the community including quality of life, services, resources, recreation, housing, transportation, downtown amenities, and
more. The survey also includes optional demographic questions.
2) Digital Map – The comment map allows respondents to drag and drop a themed “pin” onto a virtual map of the City. Respondents can leave comments, upload photos, and upvote/downvote other comments.
3) Voting Game – The voting game asks respondents to allocate up to 5 virtual “votes” across 12 different categories that the City could prioritize in the Comprehensive Plan.
4) Guiding Principles Survey – This survey asks respondents to rank the previously established guiding principles in order of priority. The survey also includes an optional space for respondents to submit their own guiding principle.
5) Visual Preference Survey – This survey asks respondents to react to different example images of various urban design elements including bike lanes, signage, multi-family housing, parks, and more.
The campaign will be addressing issues and opportunities, housing, transportation, economic development, intergovernmental cooperation, land use, utilities, community facilities, agricultural, natural and cultural resources, and plan implementation.
Additionally, the City of La Crosse is further asking community members to take and post photos of their favorite (or least favorite) things in La Crosse and tag Forward La Crosse on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter utilizing the hashtag #MoveForwardLaCrosse.
Theme Ideas for Photos Include:
Bike, Pedestrian, Transit
Recreation & Natural Resources
Culture & Historic Resources
Four participants will be randomly selected to receive a $25 Gift Card from Downtown Mainstreet Inc. valid at over 75 local businesses.
Visitors to forwardlacrosse.org have the opportunity to access interactive features designed to make providing feedback simple, easy, and fun. Community feedback can be submitted online until Friday September 30, 2022.
Tim Acklin, AICP
City of La Crosse Planning and Development
400 La Crosse St. La Crosse, WI 54601